Operating Systems: Internals and Design Principles 8th Edition Textbooks ISBN 9780133805918
We Sell International Edition
- Brand new Softcover Textbooks
- Published for sales in Europe or Asia
- Same Color printed & English content
- Dissimilar ISBN & book covers
Operating Systems: Internals and Design Principles 8th Edition Textbooks
- 8th Edition
- William Stallings
- Pearson Education
Operating Systems: Internals and Design Principles provides a comprehensive and unified introduction to operating systems topics. Stallings emphasizes both design issues and fundamental principles in contemporary systems and gives readers a solid understanding of the key structures and mechanisms of operating systems. He discusses design trade-offs and the practical decisions affecting design, performance and security. The book illustrates and reinforces design concepts and ties them to real-world design choices through the use of case studies in Linux, UNIX, Android, and Windows 8.
- Running case studies, focused on how specific operating systems implement specific concepts, are embedded throughout the text rather than assembled as a single chapter or appendix.
- Design concepts discussed in a given chapter are immediately reinforced with real-world examples.
- For convenience, all of the material for each of the example systems is also available online.
- To illustrate the concepts and to tie them to real-world design choices that must be made, four operating systems serve as running examples:
- NEW! Windows 8: A multitasking operating system for personal computers, workstations, servers, and mobile devices. This operating system incorporates many of the latest developments in operating system technology. In addition, Windows is one of the first important commercial operating systems to rely heavily on object-oriented design principles. This book covers the technology used in the most recent versions of Windows, known as Windows 8.
- NEW! Android: Android is tailored for embedded devices, especially mobile phones. Focusing on the unique requirements of the embedded environment, the book provides details of Android internals.
- UNIX: A multiuser operating system, originally intended for minicomputers, but implemented on a wide range of machines from powerful microcomputers to supercomputers. Several flavors of UNIX are included as examples. FreeBSD is a widely used system that incorporates many state-of-the-art features. Solaris is a widely used commercial version of UNIX.
- Linux: An open-source version of UNIX that is now widely used.
Item Tips & Hints
International Edition Textbooks
- Customers located in the U.S. can now purchase international edition - U.S. Copyright Office & Google Answers
- is dissimilar textbooks covers & ISBN number only.
- is simply the international counterpart to a U.S. Edition Textbooks.
- its sales & distributed in different regions, such as Europe or Asia.
- is may have different end chapter's case studies and exercises in some subjects.
- restricted sales disclaimer wordings "Not for Sales in USA or Canada" are printed on the cover of the textbooks to discourage U.S. students from obtaining a much more affordable copy - The New York Times