Money, Banking and The Financial System 1st Edition Textbooks ISBN 9780132735315 – Access Card
We Sell International Edition
- Brand new Softcover Textbooks
- Published for sales in Europe or Asia
- Same Color printed & English content
- Dissimilar ISBN & book covers
Money, Banking, and The Financial System 1st Edition Textbooks (Included MyEconLab with Pearson eText Student Access Card)
- 1st Edition
- R. Glenn Hubbard, Anthony Patrick O'Brien
- Pearson Education
Make the link between theory and real-world with the most up-to-date Money and Banking text on the market Today!
Hubbard/O’Brien’s new text presents Money, Banking, and the Financial System in the context of contemporary events, policy, and business with an integrated explanation of today’s financial crisis. Reviewers tell us that Hubbard/O’Brien helps make the link between theory and real-world easier for readers.
Hubbard and O’Brien provide extensive analysis of the financial events of the past few years. These events are sufficiently important to be incorporated into the body of the text rather than just added as boxed-off features. In particular, they stress the lesson policymakers recently learned the hard way: What happens in the ever-expanding part of the financial system that does not involve commercial banks is of vital importance to the entire economy.
This exciting new text presents students with the underlying economic explanations of why the financial system is organized as it is and how the financial system is connected to the broader economy. Due to the overwhelming success of their principles of economics textbook, Hubbard and O’Brien have employed a similar approach in this textbook: They provide students with a framework that allows them to apply the theory that they learn in the classroom to the practice of the real world.
By learning this framework, students will understand not just the 2007—2009 financial crisis and other past events but also developments in the financial system during the years to come. To achieve this goal, they have built four advantages into this text:
- A framework for understanding, evaluating and predicting
- A modern approach
- Integration of international topics
- A focus on the Federal Reserve
Seamless Integration of Contemporary Events. Each chapter-opening case provides a real-world context for learning that sparks students’ interest in money and banking and helps to unify the chapter material.
Key Issue-and-Question Approach. Each chapter opens and closes with a Key Issue-and-Question that helps students put the chapter’s contents in context.
Making the Connection. Each chapter includes two to four Making the Connection features that present real-world reinforcement of key concepts. This feature helps students learn how to interpret the news and current events they read online and in newspapers.
Solved Problem. Two or three worked-out problems are included in each chapter of this text so students get a chance to practice the application of the concepts in action. This feature brings students through the problems that may see in the end-of-chapter exercises and other assessments.
An Inside Look. An Inside Look is a two-page feature that shows students how to apply the concepts from the chapter to the analysis of a news article. The article and analysis link back to the chapter-opening case.
Review Questions and Problems and Applications—Grouped by Learning Objective to Improve Assessment. All the end-of-chapter material—Summary, Review Questions, and Problems and Applications—is grouped under learning objectives. The goals of this organization are to make it easier for instructors to assign problems based on learning objectives, both in the book and in MyEconLab, and to help students efficiently review material that they find difficult.
Item Tips & Hints
International Edition Textbooks
- Customers located in the U.S. can now purchase international edition - U.S. Copyright Office & Google Answers
- is dissimilar textbooks covers & ISBN number only.
- is simply the international counterpart to a U.S. Edition Textbooks.
- its sales & distributed in different regions, such as Europe or Asia.
- is may have different end chapter's case studies and exercises in some subjects.
- restricted sales disclaimer wordings "Not for Sales in USA or Canada" are printed on the cover of the textbooks to discourage U.S. students from obtaining a much more affordable copy - The New York Times