Microbiology with Diseases by Body System 4th Edition Textbooks ISBN 9780321918550
We Sell International Edition
- Brand new Softcover Textbooks
- Published for sales in Europe or Asia
- Same Color printed & English content
- Dissimilar ISBN & book covers
Microbiology with Diseases by Body System 4th Edition Textbooks
- 4th Edition
- Robert W. Bauman
- Pearson Education
For pre-nursing and allied health students (including mixed-majors courses).
Encourage your students to explore the invisible
Robert Bauman’s Microbiology with Diseases by Body System 4th Edition retains the hallmark art program and clear writing style that have made his books so successful. The Fourth Edition encourages students to visualize the invisible with new QR codes linking to 18 Video Tutors and 6 Disease in Depth features that motivate students to interact with microbiology content and explore microbiology further. The continued focus on real-world clinical situations prepares students for future opportunities in applied practice and healthcare careers. A more robust optional MasteringMicrobiology®program works with the text to provide an interactive and personalized learning experience that ensures students learn microbiology both in and out of the classroom.
Microbiology with Diseases by Body System Plus MasteringMicrobiology (optional) provides an enhanced teaching and learning experience for instructors and students. This program provides the ability to:
- Personalize learning with MasteringMicrobiology: MasteringMicrobiology coaches students through the toughest microbiology topics. Engaging tools help students visualize, practice, and understand crucial content.
- Think outside the classroom: QR codes in the textbook enable students to use their smartphone or tablet to instantly interact with Dr. Bauman in step-by-step tutorials and explore important developments in microbiology news and research.
- Focus on critical thinking: Case studies and engaging activities improve students’ ability to solve problems by keeping them interested.
- Teach tough topics with superior art: Outstanding art integration through video tutorials, illustrations, and micrographs enables students to absorb and retain difficult microbiology concepts.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MasteringMicrobiology does not come packaged with this content.
MasteringMicrobiology is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
Focus on critical thinking
- NEW! Numbered Learning Outcomes, found throughout the book, are used to tag Test Bank questions and all Mastering assets.
- NEW! Tell Me Why critical-thinking questions end each section in the text and strengthen the pedagogy and organization of each chapter, consistently providing stop-and-think opportunities for students as they read.
- Micro in the Clinic features hook students at the beginning of the chapter and keep them curious and engaged throughout the chapter-closing “Micro in the Clinic Follow-up.”
- Clinical and Emerging Disease Case Studies ask students to apply what they have learned to clinical scenarios. Emerging Disease Case studies now include Critical Thinking questions to spark discussion.
- State-of-the-Science currency, found in Chapter 3 (Cell Structure and Function) and the immunology chapters (Chapters 15—18) de-emphasize outdated terms, and focus on the three domains of living organisms. This reflects the most current understanding of the rapidly evolving field of microbiology.
- Student Support includes Figure Legend and “Tell Me Why” Questions, TEM/SEM Designations, and Pronunciations and Etymology Guides that appear throughout the chapters. These resources strengthen the pedagogy and organization of each chapter by consistently providing stop and think opportunities for students as they read.
- Concept Mapping exercises appear in the end-of-chapter material, guiding students to create their own concept maps from a list of key terms focused around an important chapter topic. They may also complete concept maps in the MasteringMicrobiology Study Area.
- Updates in every chapter reflect the latest in microbiology research and technology.
Teach topics with superior art
- NEW! Disease in Depth 2-page spreads feature important and representative diseases. These highly visual spreads contain illustrations and info-graphics, providing more in-depth coverage of the selected disease for comprehensive student study.
- NEW! Visualize It! questions appear at the end of each chapter and are built around illustrations or photos.
- UPDATED! Interior design keeps the book modern, streamlined, and refreshed.
- Setting the standard with art integration. From half-illustration/half-micrograph 3D cellular art to icon and color association, these uniquely visual pieces sprinkled throughout the book set a higher standard for teaching cellular structure.
- Colors and icons are used throughout the text to make it easier for students to recognize structures and processes from chapter to chapter.
Think outside the classroom
- NEW! 18 Video Tutors walk students through key concepts in microbiology, helping them visualize, understand, and apply important microbial processes. Video Tutors are accessible via QR codes in the text and provide a perfect bridge between the textbook and MasteringMicrobiology’s animations, case studies, MicroCareers coaching activities, and additional resources.
- NEW! Each 2-page Disease in Depth spread includes an Investigate It! research question and an assignable Mastering coaching activity. A QR code links students to major health websites, such as the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, prompting further exploration and critical thinking on the featured disease.
- Beneficial Microbes boxes emphasize the practical or benevolent nature and uses of microbes and the relation to the outside world.
Item Tips & Hints
International Edition Textbooks
- Customers located in the U.S. can now purchase international edition - U.S. Copyright Office & Google Answers
- is dissimilar textbooks covers & ISBN number only.
- is simply the international counterpart to a U.S. Edition Textbooks.
- its sales & distributed in different regions, such as Europe or Asia.
- is may have different end chapter's case studies and exercises in some subjects.
- restricted sales disclaimer wordings "Not for Sales in USA or Canada" are printed on the cover of the textbooks to discourage U.S. students from obtaining a much more affordable copy - The New York Times