We Sell International Edition
- Brand new Softcover Textbooks
- Published for sales in Europe or Asia
- Same Color printed & English content
- Dissimilar ISBN & book covers
Materials Science and Engineering 9th Edition Textbooks
- 9th Edition
- William D. Callister, David G. Rethwisch
New 9th Edition of Materials Science and Engineering continues to promote student understanding of the three primary types of materials (metals, ceramics, and polymers) and composites, as well as the relationships that exist between the structural elements of materials and their properties. This edition textbook is again supported by WileyPLUS, an integrated online learning environment, (when ordered as a package by an instructor). Also available is a redesigned version of Virtual Materials Science and Engineering (VMSE). This resource contains interactive simulations and animations that enhance the learning of key concepts in materials science and engineering (e.g., crystal structures, crystallographic planes/directions, dislocations) and, in addition, a comprehensive materials property database. WileyPLUS sold separately from text.
New to This Edition
- A new organization to the chapters continues with the traditional approach that Materials Science and Engineering has always used, with some coverage of the unified approach to the subject.
- This new edition has an increased emphasis on active learning and includes more coverage of nano-, bio-, smart, and other modern materials. It incorporates new, up-to-date, solved examples and practice problems that reflect current technologies, current materials, and real word scenarios. In addition, the Virtual Materials Science and Engineering Lab (VMSE) has been updated.
- An expanded discussion of the construction of crystallographic directions in hexagonal unit cells—also of conversion from the three-index scheme to four-index.
- New chapter-opener photos of applications of materials science help to motivate student interest in studying materials science.
- Current and up-to-date: The text presents the latest developments in Material Science and Engineering. Such modern coverage includes advanced ceramic and polymeric materials, composites, high-energy hard magnetic materials, and optical fibers.
- Resources to facilitate the materials selection process: Appendix B contains 10 properties for a set of approximately 100 materials and can be used in materials selection problems. An additional resource, Appendix C, contains the costs for all materials listed in Appendix B.
- Mechanical property coverage: The ninth edition maintains its extensive introductory level coverage of mechanical properties and failure–the most important materials consideration for many engineers.
- Key terms and brief explanations of key equations appear in margins for quick identification of the most important topics in the chapter.
- VMSE is a unique tool for visualizing molecules and manipulating them in 3D. New “muddiest point” videos explain from a student’s perspective tough concepts that have been identified through research as the most challenging topics to understand.
- WileyPLUS is a research-based online environment for effective teaching and learning. WileyPLUS is packed with interactive study tools and resources–including the complete online textbook–to give students more value for their money.
Item Tips & Hints
International Edition Textbooks
- Customers located in the U.S. can now purchase international edition - U.S. Copyright Office & Google Answers
- is dissimilar textbooks covers & ISBN number only.
- is simply the international counterpart to a U.S. Edition Textbooks.
- its sales & distributed in different regions, such as Europe or Asia.
- is may have different end chapter's case studies and exercises in some subjects.
- restricted sales disclaimer wordings "Not for Sales in USA or Canada" are printed on the cover of the textbooks to discourage U.S. students from obtaining a much more affordable copy - The New York Times