Good Earth Introduction to Earth Science 3rd Edition Textbooks ISBN 9780073524108
We Sell International Edition
- Brand new Softcover Textbooks
- Published for sales in Europe or Asia
- Same Color printed & English content
- Dissimilar ISBN & book covers
The Good Earth Introduction to Earth Science 3rd Edition Textbooks
- 3rd Edition
- David Steer, David McConnell
- McGraw-Hill Education
The Good Earth is the product of collaboration between the content rigor provided by Earth Science specialists (McConnell, Steer) and the results of research on learning. The Good Earth has been explicitly designed to be compatible with inquiry-based, active learning in the college classroom.
Structural Elements of Textbooks
The structural elements of this textbooks will allow the instructor to incorporate these student-centered teaching methods into their Earth Science course. The authors have tested the textbook’s content and pedagogy in large Earth Science classes for non-majors that are populated with mostly freshmen. Their experiences show that the materials and methods in The Good Earth can improve students’ learning, increase daily attendance, reduce attrition, and increase students’ enthusiasm in comparison with classes taught following a traditional lecture format.
Emphasize Three Scientific Themes
The authors have chosen to emphasize three scientific themes throughout the textbooks:
- scientific literacy;
- Earth Science and the human experience; and,
- the science of global change.
The discussion of scientific methods is woven into the textbooks throughout. They have included numerous examples of human interaction with the Earth that can serve as entry points for students to appreciate the nature of science. Global change is a theme that is evident in much current Earth Science research so our authors have used global change as a content theme throughout the textbook.
Item Tips & Hints
International Edition Textbooks
- Customers located in the U.S. can now purchase international edition - U.S. Copyright Office & Google Answers
- is dissimilar textbooks covers & ISBN number only.
- is simply the international counterpart to a U.S. Edition Textbooks.
- its sales & distributed in different regions, such as Europe or Asia.
- is may have different end chapter's case studies and exercises in some subjects.
- restricted sales disclaimer wordings "Not for Sales in USA or Canada" are printed on the cover of the textbooks to discourage U.S. students from obtaining a much more affordable copy - The New York Times