Fundamentals of Investing 12th Edition Textbooks ISBN 9780133075359
We Sell International Edition
- Brand new Softcover Textbooks
- Published for sales in Europe or Asia
- Same Color printed & English content
- Dissimilar ISBN & book covers
Fundamentals of Investing 12th Edition Textbooks
- 12th Edition
- Scott Smart, Michael D. Joehnk, Lawrence J. Gitman
- Pearson Education
The core concepts and tools students need to make informed investment decisions.
Fundamentals of Investing helps students make informed investment decisions in their personal and professional lives by providing a solid foundation of core concepts and tools. Gitman/Joehnk/Smart use practical, hands-on applications to introduce the topics and techniques used by both personal investors and money managers. The authors integrate a consistent framework based on learning goals to keep students focused on what is most important in each chapter. Students leave the course with the necessary information for developing, implementing, and monitoring a successful investment program.
- Provide an accessible layout: The Learning Goal System frames each chapter, giving students a clear roadmap through a tightly woven structure that links each header, end-of-chapter summary, discussion questions, problems, and cases.
- Get students invested in the material: The friendly and engaging writing style helps students learn the material the first time and review the material before exams.
- Tailor the material to fit your course: A flexible chapter structure allows professors to easily integrate the text into their syllabi. The first section describes the overall investment environment. The second section presents the conceptual tools needed by investors—the concepts of risk and return and the basics of portfolio construction. Then each of the popular investment vehicles—common stocks, bonds, preferred stocks, convertible securities, and mutual funds—is addressed. A chapter on how to apply these concepts to administer a personal portfolio follows, culminating in a section on derivative securities, options, and futures.
- Address the Impact of the Financial Crisis: Markets in Crisis. These new boxes include lessons from the marketplace. Topics include:• Deposit insurance and how nations increased their deposit insurance coverage during the crisis to calm investor fears.
• How Ford and Bank of America betas are high because they were especially vulnerable to the crisis.
• Profiles a hedge fund manager who made enormous returns betting against housing and financial institutions.
• The mistakes made by rating agencies, FNMA and FHMC bailouts.
• Delaying retirement plans due to the current crisis.
Item Tips & Hints
International Edition Textbooks
- Customers located in the U.S. can now purchase international edition - U.S. Copyright Office & Google Answers
- is dissimilar textbooks covers & ISBN number only.
- is simply the international counterpart to a U.S. Edition Textbooks.
- its sales & distributed in different regions, such as Europe or Asia.
- is may have different end chapter's case studies and exercises in some subjects.
- restricted sales disclaimer wordings "Not for Sales in USA or Canada" are printed on the cover of the textbooks to discourage U.S. students from obtaining a much more affordable copy - The New York Times