We Sell International Edition
- Brand new Softcover Textbooks
- Published for sales in Europe or Asia
- Same Color printed & English content
- Dissimilar ISBN & book covers
Fundamentals of Human Resource Management 3rd Edition Textbooks
- 3rd Edition
- Gary Dessler
- Pearson Education
Directed primarily toward undergraduate courses in human resource management, this textbook also provides practical content to current and aspiring industry professionals.
Fundamentals of Human Resource Management textbook covers a wide range of HR topics and shows readers the importance of human resource management within the restraints of a compact semester. Offering a wealth of functional examples and applications, this text emphasizes the notion that all managers need basic human resource management skills.
This edition is the first text on the market to build its core around the talent management process—which the author defines as the goal-oriented and integrated process of planning, recruiting, developing, managing, and compensating employees.
This textbook provides full coverage of human resource management in a lively and manageable 14-chapter text. This text is the perfect fit for an adopter that wants to cover the full range of HR topics within the constraints of a tight semester timeline.
New Guidelines from the Society of Human Resource Management.
This textbook was written to comply closely with the new guidelines set forth by the Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM). These guidelines advocate building curriculums around modules with three interrelated components:
- HR Content
- Personal Competencies
- Applications of Business
The Talent Management Process.
This edition textbook has put the talent management process at the very core of the material. It’s not enough for students to simply think about personnel planning, recruiting, selecting, training, appraising, and compensating as isolated topics–they need to see how these topics work together for the overall benefit of the company.
Address today’s business environment:
Managing HR in Challenging Times Feature.
Due to the current economic recession and this text’s goal to provide the most useful and current information to students, this edition has added the new Managing HR in Challenging Times feature. This feature highlights managers that are adjusting their human resource pay, promotion, selection, and other practices to improve performance in economically challenging times.
HR Apps 4 U feature.
This new in-text feature reflects the latest issues in HR today–addressing topics like how managers can use iPhone-type applications to carry out human resource tasks such as record keeping and testing.
Two boxed features from the previous edition–Personal Competencies and Business Knowledge–have been converted into end-of-chapter exercises. Now readers can easily concentrate on the chapter’s content and then test their understanding when the chapter is complete.
Item Tips & Hints
International Edition Textbooks
- Customers located in the U.S. can now purchase international edition - U.S. Copyright Office & Google Answers
- is dissimilar textbooks covers & ISBN number only.
- is simply the international counterpart to a U.S. Edition Textbooks.
- its sales & distributed in different regions, such as Europe or Asia.
- is may have different end chapter's case studies and exercises in some subjects.
- restricted sales disclaimer wordings "Not for Sales in USA or Canada" are printed on the cover of the textbooks to discourage U.S. students from obtaining a much more affordable copy - The New York Times