We Sell International Edition
- Brand new Softcover Textbooks
- Published for sales in Europe or Asia
- Same Color printed & English content
- Dissimilar ISBN & book covers
Foundations of Astronomy 12th Edition Textbooks
- 12th Edition
- Michael A. Seeds, Dana Backman
- Cengage Learning
The authors’ goals are to help you use astronomy to understand science–and use science to understand what we are. Fascinating, engaging, and visually vibrant, this text will help you answer two fundamental questions: What are we? And how do we know?
- For the Twelfth Edition, several elements have been designed to help students develop a stronger understanding of the big picture. Chapter-opening “Guideposts” connect previous and subsequent chapters to the material students are about to read, highlighting the “essential questions” within the current chapter. These essential questions act as the organizing elements in chapter summaries to encourage students to gain a deeper understanding of the material rather than just memorize a list of facts.
- The authors’ thematic emphasis on the scientific method is emphasized throughout. “How Do We Know?” boxes highlight great moments in science from various disciplines to illustrate the logical processes scientists use to learn about nature. End-of-section “Scientific Argument” features offer a carefully designed question to help students review key concepts. The short answers that follow emphasize how scientists construct logical arguments from observations, evidence, theories, and natural laws. An additional question gives students a chance to construct their own argument on a related issue.
- A unique art program showcases this visual science in a consistent, striking new style. The hallmark Concept Art Spreads are numbered and emphasized in text narratives, making these two-page visual summaries easy to analyze and synthesize. Concept Figures combine art and text, encouraging students to synthesize information as a unified concept. Guided Discovery Figures provide insightful comments as they lead students through several frames of art, demonstrating processes that occur over time. All H-R diagrams are consistently designed to help students understand the main idea at a glance.
- In addition, chapter content comes to life with many new and captivating photographs from the Spitzer Infrared Observatory, the Chandra X-Ray Observatory, and the Hubble Space Telescope, as well as new images of Saturn, its rings, and its moons from the Cassini spacecraft.
Item Tips & Hints
International Edition Textbooks
- Customers located in the U.S. can now purchase international edition - U.S. Copyright Office & Google Answers
- is dissimilar textbooks covers & ISBN number only.
- is simply the international counterpart to a U.S. Edition Textbooks.
- its sales & distributed in different regions, such as Europe or Asia.
- is may have different end chapter's case studies and exercises in some subjects.
- restricted sales disclaimer wordings "Not for Sales in USA or Canada" are printed on the cover of the textbooks to discourage U.S. students from obtaining a much more affordable copy - The New York Times