Exercise Physiology Theory and Application to Fitness Performance 9th Edition Textbooks ISBN 9780073523538
We Sell International Edition
- Brand new Softcover Textbooks
- Published for sales in Europe or Asia
- Same Color printed & English content
- Dissimilar ISBN & book covers
Exercise Physiology Theory and Application to Fitness Performance 9th Edition Textbooks
- 9th Edition
- Edward Howley, Scott Powers
- McGraw-Hill Education
The 9ht edition of Exercise Physiology: Theory and Application to Fitness and Performance is intended for students interested in exercise physiology, clinical exercise physiology, human performance, kinesiology/exercise science, physical therapy, and physical education.
The book contains numerous clinical applications, including exercise tests to evaluate cardiorespiratory fitness and information on exercise training for improvements in health-related physical fitness and sports performance. This comprehensive tool is intended for a one-semester, upper-level undergraduate or beginning graduate exercise physiology course.
- Fresh information on the glycemic index, new findings regarding obesity, and the latest recommendations from the American College of Cardiology on the importance of exercise and diet in weight loss provide relevant and current information dealing with obesity, exercise, and weight loss.
- New information on dietary supplements and athletic performance and a state-of-the-art discussion on new techniques for detecting doping in athletes.
- Latest findings regarding the impact of exercise on the immune system reinforce the importance of exercise.
- Updated information on both type I and II diabetes, new guidelines for exercise and pregnancy, and the latest findings regarding exercise and older adults demonstrate updated and current information on exercise and special populations.
- Research Focus presents new research and explains why it’s relevant.
- A Closer Look offers an in-depth view of topics that are of special interest to students. This feature encourages students to dig deeper about key concepts.
- This question-and-answer feature lets you find out what leading scientists have to say about topics.
- Presents historical information about contributors to health-related topics.
- Learn how exercise physiology is used in the clinical setting.
- How do athletes find the “extra edge” that can make the difference between victory and defeat? These features explain the science behind a winning performance.
Item Tips & Hints
International Edition Textbooks
- Customers located in the U.S. can now purchase international edition - U.S. Copyright Office & Google Answers
- is dissimilar textbooks covers & ISBN number only.
- is simply the international counterpart to a U.S. Edition Textbooks.
- its sales & distributed in different regions, such as Europe or Asia.
- is may have different end chapter's case studies and exercises in some subjects.
- restricted sales disclaimer wordings "Not for Sales in USA or Canada" are printed on the cover of the textbooks to discourage U.S. students from obtaining a much more affordable copy - The New York Times