Essentials of Systems Analysis and Design 5th Edition Textbooks ISBN 9780137067114
We Sell International Edition
- Brand new Softcover Textbooks
- Published for sales in Europe or Asia
- Same Color printed & English content
- Dissimilar ISBN & book covers
Essentials of Systems Analysis and Design 5th Edition Textbooks
- 5th Edition
- Joseph Valacich, Joey George, Jeffrey A. Hoffer
- Pearson Education
A clear presentation organized around the systems development life cycle model.
Essentials of Systems Analysis and Design is a briefer version of the authors’ successful Modern System Analysis and Design, designed for those seeking a streamlined approach to the material. This text also features the systems development life cycle model, which is used to organize the information throughout the chapters.
The fifth edition emphasizes current changes in systems analysis and design.
For courses in systems analysis and design.
A clear presentation, organized around the systems development life cycle model.
Essentials of Systems Analysis and Design is a briefer version of the authors’ successful Modern System Analysis and Design, designed for courses seeking a streamlined approach to the material due to course duration, lab assignments, or special projects. This text also features the systems development life cycle model, which is used to organize the information throughout the textbooks.
The 5th edition textbooks emphasizes current changes in systems analysis and design.
Offer a clear presentation of material: The Systems Development Life Cycle Model. Organized around the systems development life cycle—at the chapter and book level—this text provides students with a comprehensive format to follow:
- Part I: Foundations for System Development—gives an overview of systems development and previews the remainder of the text.
- Part II: Systems Planning and Selection—covers how to assess project feasibility and build the baseline project plan.
- Part III: Systems Analysis—covers determining system requirements, process modeling, and conceptual modeling.
- Part IV: Systems Design—covers how to design the human interface and databases.
- Part V: Systems Implementation and Operation—covers system implementation, operation, closedown, and system maintenance.
NEW! Provide the latest in systems analysis and design:
- Agile Methodology. Systems development is moving away from complex, plan-driven development to a new approach, Agile Methodology. The Agile revolution in systems development is acknowledged and briefly explained in Chapter 1 and then explored in much greater depth in Appendix B.
- Increased Focus on Make versus Buy and Systems Integration. Since more systems development involves the use of packages in combination with legacy applications and new modules, the coverage of this topic has been moved forward in the text to highlight the importance of these topics. Chapter 2 shows how companies deal with these issues.
See the concepts in action: Three Illustrative Fictional Cases.
- Pine Valley Furniture (PVF). This case is introduced in Chapter 3 and revisited throughout the book. As key systems development life cycle concepts are presented, they’re applied and illustrated.
- Hoosier Burger (HB). This second illustrative case is introduced in Chapter 6 and revisited throughout the book. Hoosier Burger is a fictional fast-food restaurant in Bloomington, Indiana. This case illustrates how analysts would develop and implement an automated food ordering system. A margin icon identifies the location of these case segments. A case problem related to HB is included in the end-of-chapter material.
- NEW! Petrie’s Electronics. This fictional electronics retailer is used as an extended case at the end of each chapter, beginning with Chapter 2. Designed to bring the chapter concepts to life, this case illustrates how a company initiates, plans, models, designs, and implements a Web-based customer loyalty program. Discussion questions are included to promote critical thinking and class participation. Suggested solutions to the discussion questions are provided in the Instructor’s Manual.
Item Tips & Hints
International Edition Textbooks
- Customers located in the U.S. can now purchase international edition - U.S. Copyright Office & Google Answers
- is dissimilar textbooks covers & ISBN number only.
- is simply the international counterpart to a U.S. Edition Textbooks.
- its sales & distributed in different regions, such as Europe or Asia.
- is may have different end chapter's case studies and exercises in some subjects.
- restricted sales disclaimer wordings "Not for Sales in USA or Canada" are printed on the cover of the textbooks to discourage U.S. students from obtaining a much more affordable copy - The New York Times