Essentials of Human Anatomy and Physiology 11th Edition Textbooks ISBN 9780321919007
We Sell International Edition
- Brand new Softcover Textbooks
- Published for sales in Europe or Asia
- Same Color printed & English content
- Dissimilar ISBN & book covers
Inorganic Chemistry 5th Edition Textbooks
- 11th Edition
- Elaine N. Marieb
- Pearson Education
A Bestseller Revitalized with a Modern Design and Robust Media
Now in its Eleventh Edition, the best-selling Essentials of Human Anatomy and Physiology continues to set the standard for one-semester A&P texts. With her hallmark clear and friendly writing style and meaningful analogies, Elaine Marieb emphasizes the relevance of anatomy & physiology to students’ lives and future careers. Now fully integrated with MasteringA&P®, the book continues to offer just the right balance of anatomy, physiology, and clinical coverage to make the content complete, but not overwhelming. New clinical photos in the Homeostatic Imbalance feature help students visualize diseases and disorders, and new integrated Concept Links help students make connections across topics and body systems. A new, more modern design makes the book more accessible than ever, and new specific references to MasteringA&P direct students to study tools and resources that reinforce their understanding of chapter concepts.
Written specifically for the one-semester course, this text presents a superior teaching and learning experience for you and your students. The program allows you to:
- Personalize learning with MasteringA&P: MasteringA&P provides students with engaging experiences that coach them through tough topics in A&P, with tools that help them visualize, practice, and understand A&P. Instructors can easily assign a wide range of question and activity types for automatic grading. New for the Eleventh Edition, learning outcomes and Homeostatic Imbalance features are now numbered for easy assignment in MasteringA&P.
- Bring A&P concepts to life and provide real-world context: A dramatic art and photo program features 3-D anatomy illustrations, process figures with descriptive step text, realistic bone art, illustrated tables, and new clinical photographs in the Homeostatic Imbalance feature.
- Help students study and retain information: Effective pedagogy, including new Concept Links, Did You Get It? concept check questions, figure questions, and end-of-chapter review questions help students study and retain the information they need.MasteringA&P® is not included. Students, if MasteringA&P is a recommended/mandatory component of the course, please ask your instructor for the correct ISBN and course ID. MasteringA&P should only be purchased when required by an instructor. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more informaiton.MasteringA&P is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment product designed to improve results by helping students quickly master concepts. Students benefit from self-paced tutorials that feature immediate wrong-answer feedback and hints that emulate the office-hour experience to help keep students on track. With a wide range of interactive, engaging, and assignable activities, students are encouraged to actively learn and retain tough course concepts.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MasteringA&P does not come packaged with this content.
Bring A&P Concepts to Life and Provide Real-world Context
- NEW! Clinical photos now accompany the Homeostatic Imbalance feature throughout the text, helping students visualize many common diseases and disorders they may encounter in their future careers. The Homeostatic Imbalance feature emphasizes the concept of homeostasis and stresses the understanding that loss of homeostasis leads to pathology or disease.
- An updated, dramatic art and photo program features 3-D anatomy illustrations, process figures with descriptive step text, realistic bone art, and illustrated tables.
- Systems in Sync figures summarize, illustrate, and explain the interrelationship of all body systems.
- A Developmental Aspects section appears in every body system chapter and discusses how that particular body system develops and changes throughout the human lifespan.
- A Closer Look provides chapter-relevant, timely information about discoveries in medical research and clinical procedures.
- Focus on Careers present interviews with working allied health professionals to show how anatomy & physiology is relevant to daily work in their career. Additional Focus on Careers content is available in the Study Area of MasteringA&P.
- Critical Thinking & Clinical Application questions at the end of each chapter challenge students to apply what they’ve learned to clinical situations.
Help Students Study and Retain Information
- NEW! Concept Links recall previously learned material and relate it to the concept at-hand to help students understand the interrelationship among body systems and concepts.
- NEW! Specific references to MasteringA&P direct students to relevant study tools in the Mastering Study Area.
- NEW! A new design enhances the book’s approachable, student-friendly feel with chapter tabs for easier navigation and easier-to-read figure keys. Plus, learning outcomes and Homeostatic Imbalance features are now numbered for easier reference and assignment.
- Elaine Marieb’s conversational writing style and consistent use of simple, meaningful analogies make the material less intimidating and more accessible to students.
- Effective pedagogical tools throughout include integrated learning outcomes, Did You Get It? concept check questions, figure questions that accompany selected artwork and quickly engage visual learners, chapter summaries with integrated references to Essentials of Interactive Physiology, and end-of-chapter review questions that help students study and test their comprehension of chapter material.
Item Tips & Hints
International Edition Textbooks
- Customers located in the U.S. can now purchase international edition - U.S. Copyright Office & Google Answers
- is dissimilar textbooks covers & ISBN number only.
- is simply the international counterpart to a U.S. Edition Textbooks.
- its sales & distributed in different regions, such as Europe or Asia.
- is may have different end chapter's case studies and exercises in some subjects.
- restricted sales disclaimer wordings "Not for Sales in USA or Canada" are printed on the cover of the textbooks to discourage U.S. students from obtaining a much more affordable copy - The New York Times