Data and Computer Communications 10th Edition Textbooks ISBN 9780133506488
We Sell International Edition
- Brand new Softcover Textbooks
- Published for sales in Europe or Asia
- Same Color printed & English content
- Dissimilar ISBN & book covers
Data and Computer Communications 10th Edition
- 10th Edition
- William Stallings
- Peasron Education
Two-time winner of the best Computer Science and Engineering textbook of the year award from the Textbook and Academic Authors Association
For a one/two-semester courses in Computer Networks, Data Communications, and Communications Networks in CS, CIS, and Electrical Engineering departments.
With a focus on the most current technology and a convenient modular format, this best-selling text offers a clear and comprehensive survey of the entire data and computer communications field. Emphasizing both the fundamental principles as well as the critical role of performance in driving protocol and network design, it explores in detail all the critical technical areas in data communications, wide-area networking, local area networking, and protocol design.
- A modular format – This structure allows instructors to easily design a course to meet their individual needs. For students, it breaks this massive subject into comprehensible parts.
- Unifying principles – The text repeatedly emphasizes such principles as multiplexing, flow control, and error control, and contrasts their application in specific areas of technology. This enables students to understand how the same protocol design principles are applied at different levels of the protocol architecture.Design Approaches – Exploring alternative approaches to meeting specific communication requirements gives students a deeper understanding of communication system and protocol design.
- Standards – A comprehensive discussion of the current status and future direction of related technology standards helps students understand the central role of standards in network and protocol design.
- More than 250 homework problems – Problems ranging in difficulty, with solutions provided on the Instructor’s Resource Center, give students the opportunity to test their comprehension of concepts.
- Animations: Animation provides a powerful tool for understanding the complex mechanisms of network protocols. The ninth edition incorporates a number separate animations covering such protocols as HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP), Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP), and Transmission Control Protocol (TCP). The text clearly indicates where the animations should be used.
- Strong pedagogical support – The liberal use of figures and tables; glossary; list of acronyms; recommended reading list and Websites; and a bibliography provide students with convenient study tools.
This textbooks features:
- Solutions Manual – Solutions to all the homework problems and review questions in the book.
- Lecture PowerPoints – This chapter-by-chapter outline highlights the key points from each chapter using the text illustrations for an effective and visual presentation.
- Wireshark Exercise Set – Contains a set of homework assignments for use with the text. Includes the Ethereal Exercises, and Answers for instructors.
- Wireshark Student Quick Start Guide – Also included in the Wireshark Exercise set is a Quick Start Guide for instructors to hand out to their Students.
- Wireshark Video Tutorial – enables the student to quickly learn how to use Wireshark.
- Figures – A Zip file with all the figures from the text in PDF format.
- Tables – A Zip file with all the Tables from the text in PDF format.
The author maintains a robust website with additional resources.
- Unparalleled project support – The Instructor’s Resource Center not only includes guidance on how to assign and structure projects, but also includes a set of suggested projects that covers a broad range of topics from the text, including research projects, simulation projects, analytic modeling projects, and reading/report assignments. This hands-on experience helps reinforce concepts from the text.
- Companion Website – Access textbook-related resources and support materials for students and instructors maintained by the author.
- Student Resource Site – Access a wealth of computer science-related information including mathematics reviews, how-to documents, research resources, and career explorations maintained by the author.
Item Tips & Hints
International Edition Textbooks
- Customers located in the U.S. can now purchase international edition - U.S. Copyright Office & Google Answers
- is dissimilar textbooks covers & ISBN number only.
- is simply the international counterpart to a U.S. Edition Textbooks.
- its sales & distributed in different regions, such as Europe or Asia.
- is may have different end chapter's case studies and exercises in some subjects.
- restricted sales disclaimer wordings "Not for Sales in USA or Canada" are printed on the cover of the textbooks to discourage U.S. students from obtaining a much more affordable copy - The New York Times