We Sell International Edition
- Brand new Softcover Textbooks
- Published for sales in Europe or Asia
- Same Color printed & English content
- Dissimilar ISBN & book covers
Concise Introduction to Linguistics 4th Edition Textbooks
- 4th Edition
- Diane L Levine, Diane P. Levine, Bruce M. Rowe
- Pearson Education
Provides a linguistic foundation for students of all majors
Assisted by numerous pedagogical aids, A Concise Introduction to Linguistics, 4th explains all concepts in a systematic way making complex linguistic topics as easy to learn as possible. This introductory title covers the core topics of linguistics, providing the information and concepts that will allow students to understand more detailed and advanced treatments of linguistics. This student-friendly and well-balanced overview of the field of introductory linguistics pays special attention to linguistic anthropology and reveals the main contributions of linguistics to the study of human communication and how issues of culture are relevant. Its workbook format contains well-constructed exercises in every chapter that allow students to practice key concepts.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. The Nature of Communication
Chapter 2. The Phonological Component: Phonetics
Chapter 3. The Phonological Component: Phonology
Chapter 4. The Morphological Component
Chapter 5. Syntax
Chapter 6. Semantics and Pragmatics
Chapter 7. Sociolinguistics and Linguistic Anthropology
Chapter 8. Language Acquisition
Chapter 9. Sign Language
Chapter 10. Writing Systems
Chapter 11. Nonverbal Communication
Chapter 12. Historical Linguistics
Item Tips & Hints
International Edition Textbooks
- Customers located in the U.S. can now purchase international edition.
- is dissimilar textbooks covers & ISBN number only.
- is simply the international counterpart to a U.S. Edition Textbooks.
- is sales & distributed in different regions, such as Europe or Asia.
- is may have different end chapter's case studies and exercises in some subjects.
- restricted sales disclaimer wordings "Not for Sales in USA, Canada or Australia" are printed on the cover of the textbooks.