We Sell International Edition
- Brand new Softcover Textbooks
- Published for sales in Europe or Asia
- Same Color printed & English content
- Dissimilar ISBN & book covers
Community Nutrition in Action: An Entrepreneurial Approach 6th Edition Textbooks
- 6th Edition
- David H. Holben, Marie A. Boyle
- Cengage Learning
Introduces the program planning, policies, resources, and nutrition issues specific to community nutrition and provides an understanding of creating and implementing nutrition programs from various constituencies (elderly populations, children, impoverished populations, college students, etc.). Successful practitioners in community nutrition have proven to have a mind and skill set that opens them up to new ideas and ventures. Incorporating an entrepreneurial approach, this textbook helps readers learn how to take risks, try new techlogies, and use fresh approaches to improving the public’s nutrition and health status. This textbook also delivers the core material important to those who will be active in solving community nutritional and health problems, including program delivery, nutrition education, nutrition assessment, and planning nutrition interventions.
- “Case Study” sections are included at the end of each chapter. Each includes a scenario and identifiable learning outcomes. Students are asked to complete a series of steps to reinforce this feature as a useful learning tool.
- “Programs in Action” boxes spotlight successful community nutrition programs, covering such topics as HIV/AIDS, childhood obesity, behaviorally focused nutrition education programs for children, osteoporosis prevention for female athletes, and farm-to-school initiatives.
- “Professional Focus” features address topics such as teamwork and leadership. This feature offers students information to enhance and apply their real-world skills.
- Each chapter concludes with a Chapter Summary, Summary Questions, and Internet Resources to enable students to study, self-test, and further explore the chapter topics.
- The textbook includes four-color endsheets displaying the new DRIs, MyPlate food guidance system, Body Mass Index table, and Key Physical Activity Guidelines for Adults.
Item Tips & Hints
International Edition Textbooks
- Customers located in the U.S. can now purchase international edition - U.S. Copyright Office & Google Answers
- is dissimilar textbooks covers & ISBN number only.
- is simply the international counterpart to a U.S. Edition Textbooks.
- its sales & distributed in different regions, such as Europe or Asia.
- is may have different end chapter's case studies and exercises in some subjects.
- restricted sales disclaimer wordings "Not for Sales in USA or Canada" are printed on the cover of the textbooks to discourage U.S. students from obtaining a much more affordable copy - The New York Times