College Physics: Reasoning and Relationships 2nd Edition Textbooks ISBN 9780840058195
We Sell International Edition
- Brand new Softcover Textbooks
- Published for sales in Europe or Asia
- Same Color printed & English content
- Dissimilar ISBN & book covers
College Physics: Reasoning and Relationships 2nd Edition Textbooks
- 2nd Edition
- Nicholas Giordano
- Cengage Learning
- Motivates student understanding by emphasizing the relationship between major physics principles, and how to apply the reasoning of physics to real-world examples. Such examples come naturally from the life sciences, and this text ensures that students develop a strong understanding of how the concepts relate to each other and to the real world.
- Motivates student learning with its use of these original applications drawn from the life sciences and familiar everyday scenarios, and prepares students for the rigors of the course with a consistent five-step problem-solving approach.
2nd Edition Textbooks enhanced WebAssign program features ALL the quantitative end-of-chapter problems and a rich collection of Reasoning and Relationships tutorials, personally adapted for WebAssign by Nick Giordano. This provides exceptional continuity for your students whether they choose to study with the printed text or by completing online homework.
- Concept Checks occur throughout each chapter as a tool to aid student reflection on key principles and fundamental issues. Many Concept Checks have been cast in an objective format to facilitate use with audience response system technology.
- End-of-chapter questions measure student understanding of key concepts. End-of-chapter Problems provide students with the ability to practice their skills with straightforward, intermediate, and challenging problems. Additional Problems synthesize ideas across sections and chapters.
- Summaries at the end of each chapter organize information and facilitate student study. Concepts have been classified as “Key Concepts and Principles” or “Applications,” many including explanatory diagrams.
- Addresses Student Misconceptions:
- Chapter 2 offers a qualitative and conceptual discussion of Newton’s laws of motion and what they tell us about the relationship between forces and motion. The goal is to arm students with an understanding of this relationship to address many of their pre-Newtonian misconceptions and prepare for the discussion of the application of those laws in Chapter 3 and beyond.
- Armed with an understanding of the proper relationship between kinematics and forces, students can then reason about a variety of problems in mechanics. This approach also provides instructors with the flexibility to introduce a wider variety of problems much sooner in the course, and models for students the process of successful study in physics.
- Emphasis on Developing Strong Problem Solving Skills
- A consistent five-step approach to problem solving is featured in every example, helping students move beyond narrow applications of formulas to recognize the big picture in a given situation.
- Students are asked to recognize the physical principles involved, draw a sketch of the problem, identify the relationships between known and unknown quantities, solve for the unknown quantity, and ask what the answer means and whether it makes sense.
- Numerous innovative Reasoning and Relationships problems in both the problem sets and in-chapter examples encourage students to use estimations and careful assumptions to gain an intuitive understanding of real-world situations.
- By applying fundamental principles to solve problems creatively and effectively, students deepen their understanding of physics.
- Explicit problem-solving strategies are also given for major classes of quantitative problems, such as applying the conservation of mechanical energy.
- Relationships Between Physics and the Life Sciences
- A unique range of applications emphasizes the relationships between physics and other areas of science, particularly the life sciences.
- For example, molecular motors are discussed as an application of work and energy (Chapter 6), and photosynthesis is covered as a thermodynamic process (Chapter 16).
- Applications such as these are interwoven throughout the text to motivate student understanding.
- Examples and concepts build on previous knowledge throughout the text, revisiting key ideas and topics to build a stronger understanding of the relationships between various physical principles and how they can be applied to the students’ experience. The theme of amplifying forces, for example, is revisited during later discussions of work and energy and is further applied to discuss the mechanics of the ear.
Item Tips & Hints
International Edition Textbooks
- Customers located in the U.S. can now purchase international edition - U.S. Copyright Office & Google Answers
- is dissimilar textbooks covers & ISBN number only.
- is simply the international counterpart to a U.S. Edition Textbooks.
- its sales & distributed in different regions, such as Europe or Asia.
- is may have different end chapter's case studies and exercises in some subjects.
- restricted sales disclaimer wordings "Not for Sales in USA or Canada" are printed on the cover of the textbooks to discourage U.S. students from obtaining a much more affordable copy - The New York Times