Biology Science for Life with Physiology by Colleen Belk, Virginia Borden Maier
- 5th Edition
- Colleen Belk, Virginia Borden Maier
- Pearson Education
For non-majors biology courses.
Compelling and relatable stories engage students in learning biology
Colleen Belk and Virginia Borden Maier have helped students understand biology for more than twenty years in the classroom and over ten years with their popular text, Biology: Science for Life.
The thoroughly revised Fifth Edition engages students with new storylines that explore high-interest topics such as binge drinking, pseudoscience, and study drugs.
Text and Chapter Features of Biology Science for Life with Physiology
Updated, Compelling, and Relatable Stories
A compelling story based on a current issue or hot topic that presents, explains, and demystifies biological concepts, examples, and applications. Several thoroughly revised storylines have been added to the Fifth Edition to highlight the relevance of biology concepts to everyday life, including:
- Chapter 2: Science Fiction, Bad Science, and Pseudoscience
- Chapter 4: Body Weight and Health
- Chapter 13: The Greatest Species on Earth?
- NEW CHAPTER | Chapter 18: Binge Drinking***
- Chapter 19: Clearing the Air***
- Chapter 21: Human Sex Differences***
***Chapters 17-25 are included in the expanded version of the text that includes coverage of animal and plant anatomy and physiology.