Biology Science for Life with Physiology 5th Edition Textbooks ISBN 9780321922212
We Sell International Edition
- Brand new Softcover Textbooks
- Published for sales in Europe or Asia
- Same Color printed & English content
- Dissimilar ISBN & book covers
Biology Science for Life with Physiology 5th Edition Textbooks
- 5th Edition
- Colleen Belk, Virginia Borden Maier
- Pearson Education
For non-majors biology courses.
Compelling and relatable stories engage students in learning biology
Colleen Belk and Virginia Borden Maier have helped students understand biology for more than twenty years in the classroom and over ten years with their popular text, Biology: Science for Life. The thoroughly revised Fifth Edition engages students with new storylines that explore high-interest topics such as binge drinking, pseudoscience, and study drugs. The book and MasteringBiology resources also help students develop scientific skills using new Working With Data figure legend questions and addresses common misconceptions with Sounds Right, But Is It? discussions in each chapter. This edition also offers a wealth of new “Flipped Classroom” activities and other resources to help professors enliven their classes and to help students assess their understanding of biology outside of class.
Also available with MasteringBiology®
MasteringBiology is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment product proven to improve results by helping students quickly master concepts. Students benefit from self-paced tutorials that feature personalized wrong-answer feedback and hints that emulate the office-hour experience and help keep students on track. With a wide range of interactive, engaging, and assignable activities, students are encouraged to actively learn and retain tough course concepts. New assignment options for the Fifth Edition include Interactive Storyline activities, Working with Data questions, Savvy Reader: Evaluating Media activities, and more.
Engage students with relevant stories and help them develop scientific literacy skills
- UPDATED! Each chapter weaves in a story based on a current issue or hot topic through which biological concepts, examples, and applications are presented and explained. Six thoroughly revised storylines make biology topics even more relevant to today’s students:Chapter 2: Science Fiction, Bad Science, and Pseudoscience; Chapter 4: Body Weight and Health; Chapter 18: Binge Drinking Chapter 19: Clearing the Air; Chapter 21: Human Sex Differences; and Chapter 23: Study Drugs. NEW Interactive Storyline Activities can be assigned in MasteringBiology.
- Savvy Reader activities in each chapter investigate a selection of current periodicals (newspapers, journals, magazines, and websites) that relate to a discussion in the main narrative. Each excerpt is followed by critical thinking questions to help students interpret and evaluate scientific information and data found in everyday media. NEW Savvy Reader activities can be assigned in MasteringBiology.
- NEW! Working With Data questions have been added to the figure legends of selected graphs, tables, or figures, and challenge students to closely interpret the data. NEW Working with Data assignments are available for each chapter in MasteringBiology.
- NEW! Sounds Right, But Is It? activities have been added to the end of each chapter and address common student misconceptions about biology concepts. The questions in the activity are available for use in class with Learning Catalytics.
- NEW! “Flipped Classroom” Instructor’s Manual includes many activities that have been tested in the authors’ own classes. Each text chapter is supplemented with video lectures featuring Colleen Belk and Virginia Borden Maier, a selection of in-class activities, suggestions for student “pre-work” outside of class, media references, and more.
- NEW! PowerPoint presentations accompany each chapter storyline to help instructors highlight the relevance of biology to everyday life. Many of these customizable lecture slides include new video clips.
Make complex biology topics more manageable for non-science students.
- NEW! In the edition with physiology chapters, a new chapter 18 covers the digestive and urinary systems, which were previously part of the chapters on the cardiovascular and respiratory systems. This new chapter presents this material in a more manageable format for students and instructors and features a storyline on binge drinking.
- UPDATED! Roots to Remember references have been added in context within chapter discussions to help students learn the language of biology using word roots.
- EXPANDED! Visualize This questions within select figure legends encourage students to look more closely at figures to more fully understand their content.
- Analogies in the book’s narrative and art compare abstract science with familiar objects and experiences, allowing students to better grasp difficult biological concepts.
- Stop and Stretch questions are strategically placed within the text to help students pace themselves and think critically about material they have just read.
- Learning Outcomes are integrated in MasteringBiology where they can be tied directly to assessment.
- A Closer Look sections have been heavily revised, isolating particularly challenging content so instructors have flexibility to assign or skip it. “An Overview” section always appears before A Closer Look section, with the former offering the “big picture” of a concept and the latter “the details.”
Item Tips & Hints
International Edition Textbooks
- Customers located in the U.S. can now purchase international edition.
- is dissimilar textbooks covers & ISBN number only.
- is simply the international counterpart to a U.S. Edition Textbooks.
- is sales & distributed in different regions, such as Europe or Asia.
- is may have different end chapter's case studies and exercises in some subjects.
- restricted sales disclaimer wordings "Not for Sales in USA, Canada or Australia" are printed on the cover of the textbooks.